|FROM ||Ruben Safir
|SUBJECT ||Subject: [NYLXS - HANGOUT] interesting jobs
Check this out. I found it on craigslist. i wish I have the biochem
compensation: Competitive/Commensurate with experience
Intra-Cellular Therapies, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company that is
developing novel drugs for the treatment of diseases and disorders of
the Central Nervous System. We are currently seeking a
As an independent researcher and integral member of project teams, you
are responsible to utilize your experience and knowledge to determine
the appropriate computational techniques to drive novel drug discovery
projects forward. The position involves the application of a wide
variety of computational approaches including HTS analyses, hit-to-lead
identification, structure-based drug design, ligand-based design,
pharmacophore modeling, QSAR and in-silico modeling. The ideal candidate
will have experience with ADME/Toxicology predictions as well experience
studying phospho-proteomic changes useful in the design of drug
candidates. You will be responsible for the deployment of novel
computational approaches to solve specific problems in drug discovery.
• Ph.D. degree (or equivalent) in biochemistry or computational
chemistry, computational biology or a related field; preferably
post-doctoral and drug-discovery experience.
• Hands-on experience with peptide mapping methods including LC-MS
methods for phosphoprotein analysis
• Extensive experience with in-silico methods of ligand-based drug
design: pharmacophore-based virtual screening, 2D/3D similarity based
virtual screening, QSAR modeling.
• Extensive experience in structure-based drug design: sequence
alignment, protein modeling, homology modeling, docking and scoring,
molecular dynamics simulations.
• Chem-informatics analyses: calculations of molecular descriptors and
fingerprints, database searching and mining, clustering and multivariate
analyses, similarity and diversity analyses, QM/MM calculations,
• Hands on experience in bioinformatics analyses: genes, proteins,
structures, systems, pathways, and chemical biology.
• Knowledge in other specialty area such as Medicinal Chemistry,
Pharmacokinetics & Pharmacodynamics, Drug Safety, Chemical Biology,
Computational Biology, and Bioinformatics.
• Demonstrates consistently high level of skills and knowledge in at
least one modeling software tool/package (i.e. Schrodinger, MOE,
OpenEye, Accelrys, etc) and computational technologies.
• Practical experience with Linux and knowledge of one or more
programming and scripting language (i.e. Python, Perl, C, C++, Linux
• Working knowledge of IDBS ActivityBase.
• Good team player able to prioritize and manage multiple projects
simultaneously and effectively cooperate with internal scientists and
Intra-Cellular Therapies, Inc. (ITI) is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants may send their CV/resume and cover letter in plain text or as
Microsoft Word attachments by e-mail.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
post id: 4957986937
posted: 2015-03-31 4:29pm
updated: 2015-03-31 4:30pm
email to friend
? best of [?]