|FROM ||Riccardo Mottola via info-gnu
|SUBJECT ||Subject: [Hangout - NYLXS] ANN: GWorkspace 1.0
Christmas, in Anno Domini 2021.
This is a different announcemement than usual, since it is a special
release: it is tagged 1.0 after many years of work. It is different,
because it is a personal writing. The last release has been long ago,
but many refinements and improvements came in; there has been a person
who spurred me improving and working on GWorkspace: Bertrand
Hard times were the past two years and they have not been easy and the
pandemic is not yet over, so in the Christmas Eve, a new release of
GWorkspace has been done and it is dedicated to Bertrand: so shall he
be remembered from us GNUsteppers, he, who had not the privilege to
live till Christmas with his family.
A reserved user who really gave the sensation to be interested in
GNUstep and its applications, thus, especially GWorkspace.
Continuously he proposed contributions, tested, always gentle,
collaborative: a friend. I will miss him, we will miss him.
Betrand, as me, worked also on PowerPC - so it was inspiring to know
that supporting that Big Endian platform was useful! After the
pandemic, I wanted to meet hi8mfor a hacking session, but it will no
longer happen on earth.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
What is new?
* "Modern mode" enables now clearer icon lables on the desktop
* Single click launch is now an option and affects the Dock and the
* cleaned up code in Shelf and Dock Icons
* Fixed display of available tools for documents in the inspector
* Improved display of handled extensions for an applications
* Improve image scaling for image content inspector and image
* Better handling of removable volumes
* Improved French, Italian and Spanish localizations, as well as new
Japanese and Polish ones
* The build system was improved and cleaned up, allowing easier
packaging and building on different platforms
* Fix crash in Metadata extractor
* Fix build failure on GNU/HURD
Links for info and downloads:
Sent with GNUMail on GNUstep on Gentoo running on a ThinkPad T510i-i5.
If you have a working or partly working program that you'd like
to offer to the GNU project as a GNU package,
Hangout mailing list