|FROM ||Ruben Safir
|SUBJECT ||Subject: [LIU Comp Sci] Jobs
|From owner-learn-outgoing-at-mrbrklyn.com Sat Mar 28 23:07:15 2015
Received: by mrbrklyn.com (Postfix)
id BD07C1612E1; Sat, 28 Mar 2015 23:07:15 -0400 (EDT)
Received: by mrbrklyn.com (Postfix, from userid 28)
id AB12B1612E2; Sat, 28 Mar 2015 23:07:15 -0400 (EDT)
Received: from mailbackend.panix.com (mailbackend.panix.com [126.96.36.199])
by mrbrklyn.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id 71BB01612DF;
Sat, 28 Mar 2015 23:06:50 -0400 (EDT)
Received: from [10.0.0.19] (unknown [188.8.131.52])
by mailbackend.panix.com (Postfix) with ESMTPSA id 267AC12305;
Sat, 28 Mar 2015 23:06:49 -0400 (EDT)
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2015 23:06:48 -0400
From: Ruben Safir
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:31.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/31.3.0
To: hangout , learn-at-nylxs.com
Subject: [LIU Comp Sci] Jobs
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8
Please find the below position.
Role: Build and Release Engineer
Location: Burlingame , CA
Duration: Long Term
The Release Engineer will be responsible for developing a build and
release process, setting up the appropriate infrastructure, documenting
the process and has the following responsibilities:
* Define and continuously improve the software build process for the
product. Responsible for implementing and managing the release
processes for the progression of code across environments.
* Work closely across Software Engineering, QA, and DevOps, take
ownership of the software build process, reconciling code and
configuration conflicts to ensure consistency across environments,
endure predictable, quality releases
* Provide continuous support on builds and strive to improve the
efficiency of our build/release/deploy process (via automation, new
tools), driving towards the implementation of Continuous Delivery where
* Maintain and build automation scripts.
* Monitor and administer the automated build and continuous integration
process to ensure correct build execution, and facilitate resolution of
* Develop and maintain documentation of the build/release process.
* Investigate tools that might speed up the process or make us more
efficient in build and release management.
* Produce regular reports and performance metrics
* Work collaboratively with all participants in software development
projects, supportive of developers and testers with respect to build
The Ideal Candidate would possess most or all of the following:
* 5+ years of software release management engineering experience
* Through of knowledge of any one Version Control System (GIT)
administration on Linux/Unix environment.
* Experience on any one CI tool eg; Jenkins , Bamboo
* Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, comfortable with
multi-tasking and working in a fast-paced environment.
* Integration knowledge with code review and issue tracking tools desired
* Experience with scripting language (shell, python).
* Experience working with Atlassian tools like Confluence, JIRA, Stash /
* Clear written and verbal communication skills
* Familiarity with agile software development methodology
* Expertise in the use of test automation, performance testing, and
issue tracking tools
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related area, or equivalent
Akanksha Gupta| Direct - (727) 266-3743| Plaxonic Inc.
akanksha.gupta-at-plaxonic.com | www.plaxonic.com
Note: Please allow me to reiterate that I chose to contact you either
because your resume had been posted to one of the internet job sites to
which we subscribe, or you had previously submitted your resume to
Plaxonic Inc.I assumed that you are either looking for a new employment
opportunity, or you are interested in investigating the current job market.
If you are not currently seeking employment, or if you would prefer I
contact you at some later date, please indicate your date of
availability so that I may honor your request. In any event, I
respectfully recommend you continue to avail yourself to the employment
options and job market information we provide with our e-mail notices.