|FROM ||Ruben Safir
|SUBJECT ||Subject: [NYLXS - HANGOUT] [firstname.lastname@example.org: ANNOUNCE: Embperl 2.5.0]
----- Forwarded message from richter-at-ecos.de -----
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2014 10:11:48 +0200
Subject: ANNOUNCE: Embperl 2.5.0
User-Agent: Heirloom mailx 12.5 7/5/10
has entered CPAN
It???s long time gone since the last Embperl release. All the time Embperl
development has gone on.
Now here is a new release with brings Embperl up to date with other
software. It now supports Perl up to 5.18 and Apache up to 2.4. A lot of
development has gone into Embperl::Form, which can be used to easily build a
modern user interface, which give the user a native feeling. Unfortunately
there is not much documentation on Embperl::Form yet, also examples are
still missing, but I hope to get this ready in the near future.
Embperl is a system for building dynamic websites with Perl.
It gives you the power to embed Perl code in your HTML/XML documents and
the ability to build your Web site out of small reusable objects in an
Embperl has several features which are especially useful for creating
Websites, including dynamic tables, form field processing, URL
escaping/unescaping, session handling, caching, xslt transformation and
See http://perl.apache.org/embperl/ (english) or
http://www.ecos.de/embperl/ (german) for more information.
(website is not updated yet, but this will follow shortly)
Changes since 2.4.0:
- Do not clear old code before compiling a Embperl page
in Perl >= 5.14.x because it causes seg faults. This
leads to "subroutine redifined" warings, when a
page was changed and is reloaded.
- Corrected use of G_KEEPERR when calling eval, because
of changed meaning, which cause the message "Compiling
error" instead of the real error message.
- Adapted tests to Perl 5.14 & 5.16
- Fixed a refcounting problem cause message "Attempt to
free unreferenced scalar" during mod_perl startup
with Perl 5.14.x
- Fix some dependencies on hash order inside the parser
which causes Embperl to fail with Perl >= 5.18 because
of hash randomisation.
- Changed the way exit passed through internaly, so it
works with Perl >= 5.18
- Adapted tests to Perl 5.18
- Adapted test httpd.conf to Apache 2.4. Embperl fully supports
- Makefile.PL now uses apache2 or httpd2 as Apache binary
- Makefile.PL now autodetects if mpm needs to loaded as
module for tests.
- Fix output inside of Registry script for mod_perl 2.0.4+
- Fix problem with error output on stderr for Windows 64Bit
- removed support for XALAN XML parser. It was outdated
anyway. libxml2 is still supported.
- Fixed a C type declaration which caused RTF files to not
correctly escaped with newer GCC's.
- Embperl::Form is totally overhauled with many new features.
of prototype. NOTE: This is an incompatible change. If
you are using Embperl::Form before, you need to
adapt your html code!
- Fix some Unicode issues in Embperl::Form::Validate
- Embperl::Form::Validate is now able to highlight input
fields with wrong input
- Applied the following debian patches: delay.patch,
fix-string-typo.patch, fix-pod-errors.patch, fix-whatis.patch,
german.patch and utf8.patch which mainly corrects
spelling and typo errors. NOTE: modperl.patch and
Makefile.PL.patch are not applied, because they are
debian specific. Thanks to Florian Schlichting for
providing uptodate information about the patches
and adaptions for Embperl 2.5.
- Applied further spell corrections from Florian Schlichting.
- Log Errors form Embperl::Syntax::Mail to error log
- Fix compile problem on non intel plattforms due to missing
- Added support for utf8 sourcefiles. By setting
input_charset => 'utf8' sponsored by Perlover.
- Added optChdirToSource = 0x10000000 which will cause
Embperl to change to the directory of the source file
prior to execution.
To unsubscribe, e-mail: embperl-unsubscribe-at-perl.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: embperl-help-at-perl.apache.org
----- End forwarded message -----