|FROM ||Rick Moen
|SUBJECT ||Subject: [Hangout-NYLXS] (forw) QA & Tech Support Engineer (NYC)
|From hangout-bounces-at-nylxs.com Sun Feb 19 01:17:49 2017
Received: from www.mrbrklyn.com (www.mrbrklyn.com [18.104.22.168])
by mrbrklyn.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id C2045161320;
Sun, 19 Feb 2017 01:17:45 -0500 (EST)
Received: from linuxmafia.com (linuxmafia.COM [22.214.171.124])
by mrbrklyn.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id E2B3D16131E
for ; Sun, 19 Feb 2017 01:17:37 -0500 (EST)
Received: from rick by linuxmafia.com with local (Exim 4.72)
(envelope-from ) id 1cfKoR-000296-QV
for hangout-at-nylxs.com; Sat, 18 Feb 2017 22:17:35 -0800
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2017 22:17:35 -0800
From: Rick Moen
Organization: If you lived here, you'd be $HOME already.
X-Mas: Bah humbug.
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
User-Agent: Mutt/1.5.20 (2009-06-14)
X-SA-Exim-Scanned: No (on linuxmafia.com); SAEximRunCond expanded to false
Subject: [Hangout-NYLXS] (forw) QA & Tech Support Engineer (NYC)
Reply-To: NYLXS Discussions List
List-Id: NYLXS Discussions List
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Passing along job posting. (I have no connection to it.)
The Ghostery extension for Firefox is often recommended. I always
cover it in my talks on Web security to mention that it's proprietary
and why it's not among my recommendations.
----- Forwarded message -----
My company, Ghostery, is looking to hire a QA & Tech Support Engineer for
our NYC office. If you are interested or know anyone who is, feel free to
check out the job description below.
Jeremy Tillman MS'07
QA & Tech Support Engineer
Ghostery is a recently-acquired subsidiary of Cliqz GmbH, a leader and
innovator in building revolutionary products that deliver a more private
internet that puts user needs first. For our part, Ghostery proudly offers a
wildly successful self-named browser extension that is used by millions of
users around the world to detect and block tracking technologies on websites
for a cleaner, faster, and safer browsing experience. Our New York City
office boasts a small but dedicated team that operates much like an
independent startup but with complete backing and support from our
Germany-based parent company, Cliqz, that includes close collaboration on
product and projects. Our team implements a user-driven, evidenced-based
product development process that uses a Lean Agile framework to quickly test
and build new features in two-week sprints. We have big plans for 2017 and
we are looking to aggressively build a team that will help us bring those
ambitions to life.
We are looking for a QA & Tech Support Engineer for our New York, NY office
to lead all QA testing and user support activities for our product
development team. In this role, you will work closely with our product
development team in two-week sprints to help facilitate frequent product
releases and continuous user support for the Ghostery Browser Extension and
Mobile Privacy Browser. This includes defining and executing test plans for
a browser extension and mobile application that is supported in multiple
browsers and operating systems across 20+ languages across the world.
Further, you will be responsible for all user support, which includes
responding to user emails, reviews, and Zendesk tickets and will be
responsible for investigating all reported product defects and working with
the product development team to reproduce and ultimately fix them. Finally,
this is a great opportunity to work in a fast-growing startup as part of an
international team of highly skilled engineers and QA professionals and,
with occasional travel to our parent company in Munich, Germany, it is the
perfect role for someone looking to for a professional opportunity that
takes them to new countries and cultures.
* Collaborate closely with product managers, UX designers, and software
engineers in two-week sprints as part of a NYC-based international team.
* Define and maintain a test strategy for all back-end and front-end
components of the Ghostery Browser Extension and Mobile Browsers.
* Write and execute test cases (manual and automated), including
Functional, Regression, and assist with User Acceptance (UAT) testing.
* Track overall progress and provide regular status updates.
* Investigate, diagnose, reproduce, and report product defects to the
product development team.
* Troubleshoot a variety of technical issues reported by Ghostery users.
* Respond and communicate directly with users over email, Zendesk, and
review boards to resolve user issues.
* Maintain a high level of user satisfaction.
* Occasional travel to Munich, Germany
* 4 Year college degree or equivalent experience
* Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information
Technology, or related field is preferred
* 2+ years of experience in manual testing.
* Experience with gray-box, white-box, and end-to-end testing.
* Experience in the development and execution of Test Plans and Scenarios
* Experience with testing complex GUIs, APIs, and platforms
* Experience with modern Browsers and Operating Systems (OSX, Windows)
* Excellent research, problem-solving, and troubleshooting ability.
* Driven self-starter who works hard and enthusiastically collaborates
* Love for web technology and ability to work in a team-oriented
* Ability to explain technical information in "real-world" terms to
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Ability to learn new technology products quickly
* Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
* Excellent time management skills
* High level of attention to details
* Experience with software development frameworks including HTML, CSS,
Python, and SQL
* Experience working in Scrum or other Agile frameworks
* Experience working on browser extensions or mobile applications
* Experience working for a B2C startup
* Experience with Zendesk, Jira, Confluence, or equivalent platforms
* If you are interested, please email your resume, cover letter, and
portfolio to jobs-at-ghostery.com
----- End forwarded message -----
hangout mailing list