|FROM ||Ruben Safir Secretary NYLXS
|SUBJECT ||Subject: [hangout] Getting New Volunteers
Creating a golem from clay:
Creating the golem from clay will take several hours. Be sure to start
early in the day.
Read the ingredients
1. While wearing the pure white robes, mix the clay with the dust
and water until you have a slightly malleable substance. Be sure to not
use so much water that the clay can no longer hold its form. Be sure to
save some of the water.
2. Use your bare hands to carve the figure of the golem in the
clay. Pray to God for success while forming the clay. If the clay
begins to harden as you're still molding, sprinkle it lightly with some
of the purified water.
3. When you've finished the form of the golem, let the statue stand
for a few hours to harden slightly.
4. Using the writing instrument, enscribe in Hebrew the word for
truth, EMETH, on the forehead of the statue.
* The golem's clay will continue to harden and may crack slightly.
Covering the golem with a damp cloth will help prevent these cracks.
* Be sure to maintain your purity of purpose for the length of the
life of your golem.
Creating a golem from air:
Creating the golem from air should take approximately 30 minutes of
unbroken concentration [*].
Read the ingredients
1. First, combine each Hebrew letter with all of the other letters
except itself starting from the beginning of the alphabet. Do not
recite those pairs that are mirror images of previously recited pairs
(e.g. aleph-bet, bet-aleph). This should give a following sequence
(using English letters):
AB, AC, AD, AE, AF...
BC, BD, BE, BF...
CD, CE, CF...
There will be 231 basic letter pairs or gates.
2. Then combine each Hebrew letter with all of the other letters
except itself, but start from both ends of the alphabet. Again, don't
recite the pairs which are mirror images of other pairs. You should get
a sequence like the following:
ZA, YA, XA...
ZB, YB, XB...
ZC, YC, XC...
This will yield another 231 letter pairs or gates.
* Be sure to recite all pairs in one sitting.
* If you recite a single pair out of order, restart from the
* Correct pronounciation is a must!
* This calculation assumes the speaker takes two seconds to recite each
letter, of which there are two letters for each pair and 231 pairs
which must be recited forward and back. --
Brooklyn Linux Solutions
So many immigrant groups have swept through our town that Brooklyn,
like Atlantis, reaches mythological proportions in the mind of the
world - RI Safir 1998
DRM is THEFT - We are the STAKEHOLDERS - RI Safir 2002
http://www.mrbrklyn.com - Consulting
http://www.inns.net <-- Happy Clients
http://www.nylxs.com - Leadership Development in Free Software
http://www2.mrbrklyn.com/resources - Unpublished Archive or stories and
articles from around the net
http://www2.mrbrklyn.com/downtown.html - See the New Downtown
NYLXS: New Yorker Free Software Users Scene
Fair Use -
because it's either fair use or useless....
NYLXS is a trademark of NYLXS, Inc