|FROM ||From: "email@example.com"
|SUBJECT ||Subject: [NYLXS - HANGOUT] Fwd: [nylug-talk] [nylug-job] Opsware seeks Senior Consulting
Sent with SnapperMail
...... Forwarded Message .......
From: Ron Guerin
To: NYLUG Technical Discussion , nylug-jobs-at-nylug.org
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 14:56:10 -0400
Subj: [nylug-talk] [nylug-job] Opsware seeks Senior Consulting Engineer
* JobID: #454
* Submitted On: 2006-6-18 14:49:20
* Company: Opsware
* Contact: Doug Pitek,
* Email: dpitek-at-opsware.com
* Url: http://www.opsware.com
* Phone: 201.314.4849
* Fax: Not Specified
* Title: Sr. Consulting Engineer
* Salary: Not Specified
* Description: The Sr. Consulting Engineer serves as an essential member
of the Customer Solutions team, responsible for the successful
deployment and customization of Opsware on customer premises.
Candidate will provide data center automation consulting services to
the customer, and should be comfortable representing the company.
Candidate will utilize their expert-level system administration
skills, and their strong understanding of cross platform
administration and large scale, distributed systems environments. A
moderate amount of software development may be required.
* Deploy the Opsware System on client premises (significant travel
* Customize and extend Opsware based on customer's business
* Work with customer to deploy large scale, business critical
applications using Opsware.
* Develop Python scripts, shell scripts, VB scripts, and batch files
for automation of system and application administration.
* Develop custom applications using the Opsware APIs and industry
standard programming languages such as Python, Perl, SH, or Java to
meet client's business needs.
* Define and communicate customer-driven product enhancements to the
* Debugging of low level operating system, networking, and application
* Increase capacity for customers to use, administer, and customize
* Package client's custom technology and applications for use with
* Required Skills: Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate a
strong working knowledge of and hands on experience in the following
* System administration and debugging experience on at least two of
the following platforms: Solaris, Linux, AIX, HP-UX, BSD, and
* Network configuration and troubleshooting on large IP networks. DNS
and DHCP administration experience a plus.
* Automation of common tasks with Perl, Python, shell scripts, VB
script and batch files.
* Experience with software packaging (e.g. RPM, MSI, etc.) and
* Ability to work with customer teams with strong verbal and written
* Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or equivalent work
experience or knowledge.
Experience in the following areas is a plus:
* Software development experience. Experience with Python or Java a
* US government active security clearance or the ability to be cleared
for government work a major plus.
* Database experience a plus, especially Oracle. SQL is a plus.
Crystal Reports is a plus.
* Application technologies including IBM WebSphere, BEA WebLogic,
JBOSS, .NET framework, etc.
* Common internet protocols including HTTP, SSL, and SOAP/XML-RPC/Web
* Location: New York City, NY
Hire expert Linux talent by posting jobs here :: http://jobs.nylug.org
The nylug-talk mailing list is at nylug-talk-at-nylug.org
The list archive is at http://nylug.org/pipermail/nylug-talk
To subscribe or unsubscribe: http://nylug.org/mailman/listinfo/nylug-talk