|FROM ||Ruben Safir Secretary NYLXS
|SUBJECT ||Subject: [hangout] [email@example.com: [Perl Jobs] Experienced Systems Administrator (onsite), United States, NY, New York]
Subject: [Perl Jobs] Experienced Systems Administrator (onsite), United States, NY, New York
Online URL for this job: http://jobs.perl.org/job/1403
To subscribe to this list, send mail to jobs-subscribe-at-perl.org.
To unsubscribe, send mail to jobs-unsubscribe-at-perl.org.
Posted: April 14, 2004
Job title: Experienced Systems Administrator
Company name: WhenU.com, Inc.
Location: United States, NY, New York
Pay rate: competitive
Terms of employment: Salaried employee
Hours: Full time
The leader in online contextual marketing, WhenU.com is a top Web property
with tens of millions of users worldwide. A fast-growing, profitable
software company, WhenU works with premier advertising agencies and Fortune
500 companies to deliver cutting-edge advertising campaigns and valuable
offers to a broad captive audience.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate will be responsible for administering a Linux,
Apache, mod perl, and MySQL environment that spans multiple datacenters
servicing up to 100 million requests per day. This includes installations,
repairs, debugging application failures, automated batch processing, and
off hours support during outages.
· At least 3 years experience administering Un*x servers in an
Internet enabled environment. Installation, patches, performance
measurement, capacity planning, diagnosing application failures, compiling
and installing software, security hardening, diagnosing hardware failures,
rack installation and maintenance.
· Demonstrated experience with the administration of Un*x servers in
a lights out remote environment using tools such as SSH and remote console
· Ability to administer networking equipment such as switches, hubs,
routers, load balancers, and firewalls (with supervision), including
· Knowledge of fundamental TCP/IP networking including basic routing.
· Healthy working knowledge of TCP/IP network application protocols
such as HTTP/S, FTP, SMTP, and how they operate.
· Expertise administering network attached storage systems which
· Expertise administering network based backup systems.
· Ability to write scripts to automate tasks in Bourne or Korn shell.
· Specific experience administering Linux 2.4.x, Apache 1.3.x,
mod_perl 1.x, and MySQL required.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· A BSCS or equivalent in experience.
· Apache 2 (worker mpm) and mod_perl 2.
· Designing TCP/IP network security policies and subsequent router,
· firewall, or kernel packet filter creation.
· High volume HTTP servers (100m requests per day)
· Utilizing and administering content delivery networks.
· Network management tools and protocols such as SNMP.
· The ability to write scripts or programs in Perl 5.
· Solaris and Sun Hardware.
· Cisco PIX firewalls and Routers.
· Foundry load balancers.
· Please submit a resume and cover letter to sysadmin-at-whenu.com in
either plain ASCII text, HTML, PDF, or MS Word format.
URL for more information: http://whenu.com/
Please send all resumes to sysadmin-at-whenu.com
----- End forwarded message -----
Brooklyn Linux Solutions
So many immigrant groups have swept through our town
that Brooklyn, like Atlantis, reaches mythological
proportions in the mind of the world - RI Safir 1998
DRM is THEFT - We are the STAKEHOLDERS - RI Safir 2002
http://www.mrbrklyn.com - Consulting
http://www.inns.net <-- Happy Clients
http://www.nylxs.com - Leadership Development in Free Software
http://www2.mrbrklyn.com/resources - Unpublished Archive or stories and articles from around the net
http://www2.mrbrklyn.com/downtown.html - See the New Downtown Brooklyn....
NYLXS: New Yorker Free Software Users Scene
Fair Use -
because it's either fair use or useless....
NYLXS is a trademark of NYLXS, Inc