|FROM ||Ruben I Safir
|SUBJECT ||Subject: [hangout] Fwd: Send Resume for "Web Developer" Position AT NYC [email@example.com]
On 2004.04.27 12:52 Ali wrote:
I have an open position for "Web Developer" at NYC . Please review the
job requirements and let me know if you're interested. It is a Full Time/
Here is the requirement:
Job Title: Web Developer
Job Type: Full Time/ Contract
Developer responsible for the support and maintenance of the existing
in-house developed IT Self Service system. Developer will also be
responsible for expanding and building on the system to further improve
processes and controls, address audit points and meet firm's initiatives.
Responsibilities will also include the evaluation of existing code (cgi
scripts & perl) and the conversion of this code to java. (IT Self Service
is an in house developed application used to standardized on infrastructure
requests, automate developer access to databases, to facilitate tracking,
enforce controls, provide a mechanism for escalations and inventory
Major Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
Senior Team member of the IT Self Service - Control & Efficiency team
- The system pulls information from various sources(GRIPS, HR, DB & Web
repositories) and writes information to other systems(Remedy, Easy, our ITSS
tables). Developer will be responsible to ensure that any changes to these
input/output sources will be reflected in the ITSS systems and that the ITSS
will continue running without interruption.
- Address day-to-day support issues. Identify and correct bugs arising from
- Assist in the evaluation of existing Distributed Technology Services
processes with an eye towards refining and improving on the processes with
IT Self Service.
- Understand the current components of IT Self Service, to develop
additional tools and features within ITSS.
- Create web based screens and workflow including automatic acknowledgement
emails, automated approval processes, capturing of responses and submission
of requests to other Firm standards such as Remedy and Easy.
- Create implementation web based screens to capture work requests completed
and the recording of implemented details in a database. Utilize an
understanding of existing data and relationships to provide for lookups and
checks of inputted data.
- Testing of any and all code changes, new enhancements, processes and
procedures. Pilot & refine as appropriate.
- Query and report on the status of the newly implemented processes,
identifying bottlenecks and providing views of the capture data or
processes. Using this information, refine the process to ensure its
robustness, adaptability and ease of use.
- Document newly created procedures and processes for use within the team
and for training purposes. Help train clients as required. Assist with
troubleshooting of the ITSS systems once implemented.
- Understand the current components of IT Self Service with the goal of
converting the code to Java and/or an easy to build workflow tool.
The team is expected to continue to support the existing ITSS systems,
develop and implement IT Self Service systems to address audit issues
(oracle access provisioning, oracle permissioning reporting, Developer
access to DBs), meet firm initiatives (cost transparency, Sybase
consolidation), and to improve on control/efficiency processes within DTS.
Education and Professional Qualifications
Minimum 4 yr college degree
Work Experience / Background
At least 5 years experience as a web developer with good solid knowledge of
databases(Sybase, Oracle and Sql).
At least 3 years experience in an IT dept., preferably with a large firm.
Experience in a support capacity - 1st and/or 2nd level support.
Technical / Business Skills and Knowledge
- Strong Web development(utilizing perl, cgi scripts, java and jsp)
- will need to be able to review and understand the existing scripts in
place and use these technologies to build new systems and support these
- Very proficient in writing queries in Oracle, Sybase and Sql.
- Good communication skills and being able to work well within a
Reporting writing in Business Objects a plus.
If you are interested then as a preliminary step, I was hoping that you may
be able to answer a few brief questions for me
* What is your current work situation? (Working or between projects?)
* If you are still working, when would you be available to begin a new
* What is your Status in U S (US citizen/Green Card/ H1B)?
* What would be your HOURLY rate on w2 or 1099 (For Contract)
* What is the salary you are looking for ? (Full Time)
* How Many years of Exp do u have as Web Developer ?
* How many years of Experience do you have with the Following Skills
* When would be a convenient time for me to contact you to discuss this
Thanks & Regards,
Brooklyn Linux Solutions
So many immigrant groups have swept through our town
that Brooklyn, like Atlantis, reaches mythological
proportions in the mind of the world - RI Safir 1998
DRM is THEFT - We are the STAKEHOLDERS - RI Safir 2002
http://www.mrbrklyn.com - Consulting
http://www.inns.net <-- Happy Clients
http://www.nylxs.com - Leadership Development in Free Software
http://www2.mrbrklyn.com/resources - Unpublished Archive or stories and articles from around the net
http://www2.mrbrklyn.com/downtown.html - See the New Downtown Brooklyn....
NYLXS: New Yorker Free Software Users Scene
Fair Use -
because it's either fair use or useless....
NYLXS is a trademark of NYLXS, Inc